- The UT Educational Talent Search Program has been assisting students in the Washington County School District since 1991.
- It is an academic enrichment program for students in grades 7-12.
- ETS is one of the TRiO Programs which are funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The ETS Program identifies and assists qualified students to prepare for and achieve post-secondary education and training.
- During the school year your ETS Advisor will visit your school and meet with you either in groups or individually. You will have fun learning about yourself and what it takes to get to college!
- Best of all, there is absolutely no fee to participate in ETS!
UT Response to COVID-19
Utah Tech University is vigilantly following local, state, national, and global agencies as they closely monitor the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The University is taking measures to ensure the safety of the entire campus community and has emergency operation plans in place. Be sure to check back often, as this site is updated frequently and will provide the most up-to-date information concerning the University’s response to COVID-19.
What Is ETS?
How do I
It’s easier than you think! To qualify you to become part of Educational Talent Search program, you should meet one or more of the following requirements:
- First Generation — Neither of your parents received a four-year college degree.
- Low Income Student: Federal Income Levels* — You are recieving Free Lunch or your taxable income meets federal guidelines.
- You are a U.S. Citizen
- You can pick up an application from your high school ETS Advisor.
Your ETS Advisor will review the applications and interview perspective participants.
Throughout the year, you will have the chance to participate in quarterly workshops that are geared toward your goals. Our workshops will be focused on:
- Career Goals & Interest Inventory
- Study Skills & Time Management
- ACT Preparation & Registration
- College Application & Portfolio Building
- Scholarship Search & Grant Application
- Personal Development & Grade Contracts