What Do We Do?
Through weekly meetings at their high schools, three Saturday Seminars at the University, and additional workshops and presentations, Upward Bound participants receive the following services during the school year:
- Academic, personal, and career counseling
- Opportunities to tour colleges and universities in Utah & Nevada
- Cultural and social enrichment activities
- Assistance with college selection, admissions, and financial aid
Who is Eligible?
- ‘First Generation’ college students. This means neither of your parents have received a Bachelor’s Degree
- Students considered low-income, defined by Federal Guidelines
- Students in need of academic support
- Students who, upon applying, have completed 8th grade but not entered 12th grade
- Citizens or nationals of the U.S. Permanent residents also qualify after proper validation
This program is at no cost for students as it is funded by federal grants.
Students who excel during the academic year are invited to participate in a six-week summer program during which they get to live on campus. During this time, participants can earn college credits.Summer Program Information